What does it mean to live a gospel-centered life?
It is a life in which everything we do, all that we think and speak is radically transformed by the grace of God seen through the person and work of Jesus Christ. In light of the gospel, we lay down our continued efforts to measure up before God and accept His gracious unconditional love.
- We continue to live out the life of Jesus, forgiving others, serving others and telling others about the good news of the gospel.
- We seek to be kind and generous because of God’s kindness and generosity toward us in Christ.
- We are quick to speak words of grace because of the words of grace we received in Christ.
- We refuse to see ourselves as superior or inferior to others because we are all called and empowered to serve by the same gospel of grace.
- But maybe most important of all is that we become people quick to repent of our sins and confess our continued and desperate need of a Savior.
Paul told the church in Rome, “He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?” (Romans 8:32). May we never get tired of the gospel! Let all that we do be a reflection of Jesus living in us and through us.