We just completed a study on the topic of Anger in our “Proverbs: God’s Wisdom for Gospel Living” series, you can listen to that sermon HERE. Below are some helpful questions we should ask ourselves in the midst of anger in order to examine our hearts and get down to motive behind our anger.
- Is my anger really about my selfish ego?
- Am I trying to play God who alone is sovereign?
- Is my anger really reflective of the very heart of God or because some one is getting in the way of my sinful idol?
- Is this anger due to a distorted and twisted love?
- Is my action, due to my anger in line with Biblical principles and reflective of God’s wisdom?
- Do my actions line up with a humble life that declares and demonstrates the gospel and our treasuring of Christ?